Safer Road Investment Plans
Safer Road Investment Plans consider more than 90 proven road improvement options to generate affordable and economically sound road improvements that will save lives. These road improvement options range from low-cost road markings and pedestrian refuges to higher-cost intersection upgrades and full highway duplication.
The SRIP is produced in 3 key stages:
The Safer Roads Investment Plan produces information on:
- Where the most affordable and cost-effective road improvements can be made on the network;
- The number of deaths and serious injuries that would be avoided if the plan were to be implemented;
- The economic benefit of the plan, in terms of the benefit-cost ratio showing returns on investment;
- The cost of the plan, incoperating capital and maintenance costs;
- The estimated cost per death and serious injury avoided.