Road crashes bring misery for tens of thousands of families each year when a loved one is involved in a serious road crash. But road crashes also cost money – up to GBP30bn annually or 2.3% of GDP. This report reviews the costs that fall on families, carers, NHS, emergency services and businesses. Saving Lives, Saving Money breaks new ground by investigating the costs and benefits of eliminating 1-star and 2-star main roads in the coming decade. Over the next 10 years, road authorities can upgrade the safety features of their roads largely within existing budgets and during maintenance, reaping savings worth £25-35bn.
- Report from the EuroRAP General Assembly 2018
- European Institute of Road Assessment wins RADAR bid
- New report tackles the transition to automated vehicles on roads that cars can read
- Seeking a Project Director, Project Officer and Road Safety Engineer!
- Launch of EuroRAP Star Rating results in Iceland