During 2001, a process of risk rate mapping was developed to enable the risk of fatal and serious injury accidents occurring on different parts of a network to be compared. As a second stage of risk comparison, a risk rating system was developed for EuroRAP. It ranked road sections, using a star rating, according to the injury protection qualities of the road design. In 2006, this concept was further developed within iRAP to enable it to be applied in low- to middle-income countries.
- Report from the EuroRAP General Assembly 2018
- European Institute of Road Assessment wins RADAR bid
- New report tackles the transition to automated vehicles on roads that cars can read
- Seeking a Project Director, Project Officer and Road Safety Engineer!
- Launch of EuroRAP Star Rating results in Iceland