Italy

The Automobile Club of Italy promotes road safety and cooperates with the authorities on analysis, studies and solutions of problems related to the development and organisation of the mobility of people and goods, and the development and improvement of roads.

  • Active Member: ACI (since 2004)
  • Accredited Supplier: Siteco
View Library

Risk Mapping

The EuroRAP network in Italy covers 17,500km including more than 8,000km of TEN-T network.

However, Risk Mapping has only been prepared for 4,900km of motorway for which both crash and traffic flow records are available. The most recent Risk Mapping is available for the data period 2007-2009 which was prepared for the European Road Safety Atlas.

The Risk Mapping shows that 33% of the motorway network achieves a low risk rating and 65% achieves the second lowest risk band.

View Risk Mapping Archive

Star Rating

2,000kms of motorways and trunk main roads in the Lazio region of Italy were inspected in 2009. 37% of the network surveyed comprised motorways and the remaining 63% were dual and single carriageway roads. Inspections were carried out with the assistance of RACC
View Star Rating Archive

Contact details

Dr. Lucia Pennisi | Statistical Office | ACI | Tel: +39 (06) 4998 2425
l.pennisi@aci.it
Website
Back to partner countries